Project Management 4 – Strengthen your personal leadership in projects!
Project participants feel strongly committed to projects that are managed well. Through your ability to inspire and create followship you will ensure that your project gets serious attention from your project owner/steering committee, project participants and project stakeholders.
The course will also help you to become even more clear about what you stand for as a project manager and about the values and rules that you wish to base your working relationships on. You will strengthen your ability to build and maintain a good relationship with management, project participants and project stakeholders.
This course is taught in English.
Project Management 4 – Strengthen your personal leadership in projects! is a part of Implement's Project Management Programme. Implement's Project Management Programme is IPMA Registered®
Download course description
"Good interaction between theory and practice. Very interesting and relevant "
You are on your way to becoming a project manager and want inspiration towards how you can strengthen your personal leadership even more.
The course covers the following main topics:
- Developing followship in the project (how do you get people to join you)
- Your strengths in the role as project manager and your personal development areas
- How to make use of your personal preferences for tasks such as organising, change, analysis and cooperation in projects
- How to conduct dialogues that get your project participants on board in the project and dialogues that help develop them further as the project progresses
- How to strengthen relations between the project and its surroundings (Systemic perspective)
- Effective communication between you, your project participants and project stakeholders to avoid talking at cross-purposes
- ”Storytelling” as a means to strengthen project progress and commitment of the project team
After the course you will be able to:
- Strengthen your relationships with stakeholders, project participants and steering committee even further
- Conduct ”on-boarding” dialogues and discussions with your project participants in a motivating and engaging manner
- Target your communication about the project so that your messages “stick” and promote commitment
- Create greater job satisfaction in your project so that both you and your project team develop
- Understand and make use of both your own and your project participants’ different work styles when working under pressure
- To create stories that make it meaningful for project participants and stakeholders to commit to the project
The course fee includes:
Before the course: Assignment (30 minutes preparation) and reading of 2 articles, which will be sent to you before the course starts.
During the course: Meals, notebook with stickers (tools and important points), laminated overviews of management tools and a collection of articles.
After the course: Course certificate, suggested assignments/initiatives and digital photos of the flip-over drawings that were created in plenum during the course.
The course can be purchased independently. The course can also be purchased as part of a package solution with an incorporated discount. Please do not hesitate to contact us for further information.
Network and exchange of experience:
Course participants come from a wide variety of organisations and industries. We do our best to take advantage of this by incorporating different experiences, viewpoints and nuances into the training sessions. The many practical exercises and discussions are great opportunities for you to strengthen your network.
To participate you must previously have taken the courses:
Alternatively, you have become familiar with the fundamental project management tools in some other way. In this case, please contact:
Rasmus Mortensen, email@example.com, 3085 8007
for clarification before you sign up for the course.
Next course in Copenhagen, Denmark
- Start date:
- 20 November 2017 at 09:00
- 20 - 22 November
- DKK 14,850.00 excl. VAT
Training methods and instructors:
You can read more about how we train here: How to ensure learning with impact
Nicolai Elborough Boston
+45 5138 7424
MSc in Computer Science and business administration , CBS (1990-1996), Apprentice Bricklayer (1986-1989)
- PMP® (2011)
- Belbin practitioner (2002)
- Whole Brain HBDI (2012)
- Whole Brain NBI (2010)
- Scrum Master (2009)
Experience and background
Nicolai Elborough Boston has 17 years of professional experience as a project manager in a wide range of development projects, organizational projects and construction projects. Nicolai has also worked extensively with implementation and providing assistance in connection with project management methods, i.e. development, application and advising.
His main focus areas are:
Development and implementation of project models
Project management and training in project management
Louisa Menne Martini
- MSc in Sociology, University of Copenhagen
- Master in Leadership and Management, Griffith University
- Process consultant
Experience and background
Louisa has several years of experience as a trainer in both the public and the private sector. In her project management training, she provides hands-on examples from her experience as a project manager. Louisa has e.g. been responsible for many organisational change projects within strategy execution as well as product innovation. Her experience makes the training realistic and easy to apply – also when the participants return home to their respective projects.
Louisa is passionate about the social dynamics in play in and around a project. To be able to lead upwards, outwards, forwards, downwards, backwards and, not least, inwards is an important skill which can be mastered with the right tools, making project management work easier and more structured.
Furthermore, Louisa’s training is very energetic, and she focuses on making the learning environment entertaining and relevant to the course participants.