Project Management 1 – Manage your project!
The Project Management Toolbox contains a number of key tools. These tools are both necessary and effective. This applies no matter which organisation you work for or what type of project you work on.
The course strengthens your understanding of the methods we use when working on projects, the fundamental planning and follow-up tools as well as your role as project manager. You will be able to create an overview, plan, organise and draw up a budget for your project.
This course is taught in English.
Project Management 1 – Manage your project! is a part of Implement's Project Management Programme. Implement's Project Management Programme is IPMA Registered®
Download course description
"Skilled and motivating trainers with great cases to illustrate learning objective"
Christian H. Benz
You are a project participant or on your way to becoming a project manager. You may already have experience in the role of being a project manager and wish to incorporate more theory and structure into what you already do and to further strengthen your “toolbox”.
The course covers the following main topics:
- Setting the project objectives (purpose, success criteria and deliverables)
- Identifying and managing the stakeholders of the project
- Evaluating the collaboration in the project group
- Planning the project (milestones, phases and activities)
- Estimating resource requirements (time and costs)
- Analysing and managing risks
- Organising the project
- Project economy, follow-up and reporting
- The project manager’s roles
After the course you will be able to:
- Set clear and consistent objectives for your project
- Perform a stakeholder analysis and establish necessary initiatives for managing stakeholders
- Prepare both milestone plans and activity plans
- Estimate resource requirements in the form of time and costs
- Perform a risk analysis and define the initiatives that are necessary to reduce risks
- Draw up a budget based on the project plans and your estimates
- Organise your project and thereby ensure a clear distribution of responsibility and roles
- Describe your project in a precise and clear project description (project charter/contract)
- Carry out evaluation and follow-up
The course fee includes:
Before the course: Assignment (30 minutes preparation)
During the course: Meals, notebook with stickers (tools and important points), book: ”Power in projects programs and portfolios”, ”Magic Slide” (laminated A3 overview of the key tools), suggested assignments/initiatives and a collection of articles.
After the course: Course certificate and digital photos of the approx. 75 flip-over drawings, that were created in plenum during the course. In addition, you will be given access to Implement’s Learning Gateway for 6 months. Via the Gateway you can use the 8 e-learning modules and test your knowledge.
The course can be purchased independently. The course can also be purchased as part of a package solution with an incorporated discount. Please do not hesitate to contact us for further information.
Network and exchange of experience:
Course participants come from a wide variety of organisations and industries. We do our best to take advantage of this by incorporating different experiences, viewpoints and nuances into the training sessions. The many practical exercises and discussions are great opportunities for you to strengthen your network.
Next course in Copenhagen, Denmark
- Start date:
- 21 August 2017 at 09:00
- 21 - 23 August
- DKK 14,850.00 excl. VAT
Next course in Helsinki, Finland
- Start date:
- 29 May 2017 at 09:00
- 29 - 31 May
- Helsinki area
Price: €1,990 excl. VATSign up now
Training methods and instructors:
You can read more about how we train here: How to ensure learning with impact
Louisa Menne Martini
- MSc in Sociology, University of Copenhagen
- Master in Leadership and Management, Griffith University
- Process consultant
Experience and background
Louisa has several years of experience as a trainer in both the public and the private sector. In her project management training, she provides hands-on examples from her experience as a project manager. Louisa has e.g. been responsible for many organisational change projects within strategy execution as well as product innovation. Her experience makes the training realistic and easy to apply – also when the participants return home to their respective projects.
Louisa is passionate about the social dynamics in play in and around a project. To be able to lead upwards, outwards, forwards, downwards, backwards and, not least, inwards is an important skill which can be mastered with the right tools, making project management work easier and more structured.
Furthermore, Louisa’s training is very energetic, and she focuses on making the learning environment entertaining and relevant to the course participants.
Nicolai Elborough Boston
+45 5138 7424
MSc in Computer Science and business administration , CBS (1990-1996), Apprentice Bricklayer (1986-1989)
- PMP® (2011)
- Belbin practitioner (2002)
- Whole Brain HBDI (2012)
- Whole Brain NBI (2010)
- Scrum Master (2009)
Experience and background
Nicolai Elborough Boston has 17 years of professional experience as a project manager in a wide range of development projects, organizational projects and construction projects. Nicolai has also worked extensively with implementation and providing assistance in connection with project management methods, i.e. development, application and advising.
His main focus areas are:
Development and implementation of project models
Project management and training in project management